top of page
Like the businesses we serve; we are small but mighty. Join us! See the job description below:
Office Manager Position Description
Three small, non-profits working together in shared office space to support the small business
community in the Capitol Hill neighborhood are seeking an Office Manager.
This is a full-time position and requires working on site in the office near Eastern Market.
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 depending on experience
Benefits: health care benefits and retirement benefits
Examples of Duties
- Communicating effectively and regularly with the three non-profit executive directors
and understanding the organizational priorities of each organization and how they
- Keeping track of finances and inputting contributions and expenses into accounting
systems (Quickbooks Online, some spreadsheets)
- Preparing and uploading reports required for maintaining grant funding
- Maintaining contribution records, preparing and sending gift acknowledgments and
- Coordinates sub-grant programs that gives small grants directly to small businesses
- Preparing monthly membership renewal lists and reminding members to renew
- Coordinates, schedules and maintains calendars of committee and board meetings and
- Possible event planning and execution support
- Support in applying for grants
- Other duties as assigned as workload allows
Education & Experience
- Two years of college or an Associate’s Degree and three to five years of related
- A Bachelor’s Degree and two years of related experience, or
- A Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Accounting, or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires advanced proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Requires experience inputting data into an accounting system and willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, with some interruptions
while remaining organized and accurate.
- Excellent professionalism and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in the day-to-day activities of the workplace.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Employers: Capitol Hill Association of Merchants and Professionals (CHAMPS), Barracks Row
Maintstreet (BRMS), Eastern Market Main Street (EMMS)
Address: 700 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20003
Websites: www.capitolhill.org, www.barracksrow.org, www.easternmarketmainstreet.orgy Story
bottom of page